For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Team Leader (m/f/d) Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry
- The focus of your role will be to advance Neuroscience projects from exploratory to lead and candidate stage by delivering high quality science and generating critical data through your own hands-on bench work and by managing bench scientists.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary project team you will use hypothesis-driven and property-focused compound design to solve medicinal chemistry problems applying state of the art technology and current best practice in synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
- In your role you will partner effectively with other local and global chemistry functions and cross-functionally with other disciplines to advance projects.
- You hold a PhD in organic chemistry and have at least two years of relevant industrial experience in medicinal chemistry, including profound expertise in preparative organic chemistry and modern synthetic methods.
- You are an excellent communicator and work effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- You have an interest in developing and coaching staff and a passion for hands-on experimental science.
- You are comfortable communicating in English for your day-to-day work. Basic knowledge of German would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite.
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.