For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Team Leader (m/f/d) in Proteostasis Biology / Neurodegeneration
For the Proteostasis Biology Area in Neuroscience Discovery we are seeking an experienced researcher to contribute to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a scientist with significant background in protein homeostasis, misfolding and degradation to apply state-of-the-art technologies in the field of neurology.
- Design, develop, optimize & execute relevant experimental approaches to support drug discovery & development programs in the field of Alzheimer´s and Parkinson’s disease research
- With excellent scientific background and in part also through direct contributions at the bench, provide critical information for drug discovery projects
- Identify novel targets, design, coordinate and execute complex target validation studies in the proteostasis area, focusing on autophagy and the ubiquitin – proteasome system (UPS)
- Supervise, coach and manage postdoctoral-level scientists, associates / trainees at various levels
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team, work together with cellular and molecular biologists, in vivo pharmacologists and medicinal chemists, also across global research sites
- Present research activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Report directly to the Proteostasis Biology Area Leader
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERTISE:
- PhD degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 6 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience
- Knowledge of neuroscience, background in neurological diseases & proven track record in proteostasis / UPS / autophagy research is a must
- Hands-on experience in protein biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, automated microscopy as well as neuronal cell culture (including primary & iPSC-derived cell-types)
- Proven track record in supervision of technicians / associates / trainees
- Experience obtained in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Highly motivated and self-driven with excellent communication and presentation skills, capable to work both as a manager and also as a team player
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- We look forward to receiving your application. Please inform us about potential start date and salary expectations in your motivation letter.
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.