For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Team Leader (m/f/d) Biomarker Development / Neuroscience Discovery
For the Molecular & Imaging Biomarker Group within Neuroscience Discovery we are seeking an experienced researcher for a team leader position. The accomplished scientist will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to identify and develop biomarkers for neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Experience with protein biochemistry, assay development, amyloid-protein misfolding and neurodegenerative diseases would be an asset.
- Discover and validate new disease- or target-specific biomarkers for AbbVie’s drug-development programs for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Identify emerging scientific and technological trends from internal and external resources, evaluate their impact and implement them into the biomarker development strategy.
- Coordinate and supervise a team of scientists focusing on biomarker discovery for neurodegenerative diseases. Contribute with own experimental work to the biomarker data generation.
- Plan and coordinate complex experiments involving interdisciplinary working groups.
- Act as biomarker lead in early or late discovery project teams.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Collaborate with experts in other groups, cross-functionally (e. g. developmental sciences) and globally.
Education and Qualification
- PhD in biochemistry, neuroscience, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with minimum 3 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience. Experience in biomarker discovery would be an advantage.
- Track-record in neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on neurodegeneration mechanisms and pathways.
- Strong expertise in omics and multi-candidate approaches to enable biomarker discovery. Knowledge in systems biology, data-mining and computational biology aspects would be a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of scientists and effectively work in a matrix environment.
- Expertise in protein biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology. Background in assay development and validation would be beneficial.
- High scientific rigor and commitment to provide robust, high-quality scientific results.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills and proficiency in English (written and oral).
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.