For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Senior Scientist (m/f/i) – Analytical Development Potency Assays
For the NBE Analytical R&D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie’s Ludwigshafen site in Germany, we are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist to join a R&D team developing state-of-the-art, innovative potency assays for biologics. This includes the development of different potency assay formats (cell-based, binding assays) and driving scientific initiatives.
- You are responsible for the evaluation, optimization and establishment of innovative analytical potency assay methods to characterize and control active pharmaceutical ingredients in drug substances and drug products during development of biological products.
- You will elaborate new analytical methods and extend the existing method repertoire for potency assays
- Through your provision of scientific expertise and engagement in cross-functional teams within AbbVie you build strong networks with peers in local and global environment.
- In addition, you follow the internal and external scientific environment and implement the important innovations and findings for AbbVie.
- You hold a PhD degree in biology, life sciences or related field or a Master with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- You are well known for your strong analytical skills, in-depth knowledge and experience in eukaryotic cell culture and cell based assay development as well as binding assays (e.g. ELISA, Surface Plasmon Resonance, etc.).
- Experience in Quality by Design (QbD) and Design of Experiment (DoE) would be beneficial.
- Experience in the GxP field is a plus.
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including fluent English.
WE OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.