For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Senior Scientist (m/f/d) Tau Biology in Neuroscience Discovery
The position is located within the Tau Biology Group in the Neuroscience Discovery organization at Ludwigshafen. The accomplished neurobiologist will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to develop and execute cellular and ex vivo models of Tau pathology with a focus on Alzheimer Disease and other tauopathies. Experience with protein biochemistry, proteomic, molecular and cellular biology, microscopy and enzymatic assays would be an asset.
- Independently design, execute, analyze and interpret experiments to address key scientific questions.
- Independently perform data analysis and interpretation and presentation of in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro experiments.
- Contribute to identify new targets, design and execute target validation studies.
- Plan and coordinate complex experiments involving interdisciplinary working groups.
- Design, establish and validate cellular and ex vivo models for Alzheimer Disease.
- Identify, develop and optimize new techniques to address critical project needs.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to support scientific discussions.
- Collaborate with other groups in discovery, developmental sciences and global colleagues.
Education and qualification:
- PhD or MSc in neuroscience, cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field with at least 2 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience. Experience in drug discovery would be an advantage.
- Track-record in neurodegenerative diseases would be desirable.
- Expertise in protein biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, including method development and validation.
- Expertise with culturing primary neurons and/or iPSC-derived neurons and their genetic manipulation.
- Knowledge on relevant transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer Disease. Basic knowledge in tissue harvesting and dissection.
- High scientific rigor and commitment to provide robust, high-quality scientific results.
- Very good skills in planning and coordination of complex interdisciplinary studies.
- A high degree of self-initiative, independency, flexibility and curiosity.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English (written and oral).
- Ability to present scientific activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
We offer you
- An opportunity to work in a world-class team
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, includingflexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.