For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Postdoc (m/f/d) Medicinal and Organic Synthesis
- You will prepare biologically active compounds from milligram to gram scale using state of the art organic synthesis and technology.
- You will independently design and execute multi-step synthetic routes from milligram to multigram scale.
- You will develop new synthetic methods and technologies and apply them to the synthesis of biologically active compounds.
- You will be involved in the design of compounds and the evaluation of their biological activity working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Your responsibilities include the presentation of research concepts and results in international and interdisciplinary drug discovery teams.
- You hold a PhD in organic chemistry with profound expertise in preparative organic chemistry and modern synthetic methods.
- You thrive in lab-based environment and have a strong desire for the application of new techniques and innovative solutions.
- You have a strong desire to apply new techniques and develop innovative solutions working independently within a team of highly motivated chemists.
- You have excellent communication skills in English. Basic knowledge of German would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite.
We offer you
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- An supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.