For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Postdoc (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry
The position is offered for 2 years.
- The focus of your role will be to provide computational chemistry solutions for neuroscience drug discovery projects from exploratory to lead and candidate stage by applying and developing novel data analysis and state-of-the-art CADD techniques.
- As part of our computer-aided molecular design group you will participate in multi-disciplinary project teams and apply hypothesis-driven computational molecular design techniques to solve medicinal chemistry problems.
- You will effectively collaborate with local and global chemistry functions and cross-functionally with other disciplines to advance our computer-aided drug design platform.
- PhD in computational chemistry, theoretical chemistry, structural biology or a related field including experience with cheminformatics, molecular modeling and medicinal chemistry concepts.
- Familiarity in applying commercial and/or open source molecular modeling and cheminformatics tools including experience in most of the following areas: analysis of protein-ligand structures and intermolecular interactions, ligand-based and structure-based design, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and predictive modeling.
- Good programming skills in Python, experience with cheminformatics and data science toolkits and experience in data mining and automating workflows
- A keen interest in gaining experience in industrial drug discovery research and a strong drive to answer medicinal chemistry questions by applying and developing in silico applications and new techniques.
- Ability to develop and articulate clear scientific hypothesis
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines.
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.