Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company. We are dedicated to improving well-being through our products and services. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as Actimove, JOBST, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, TOM Organic, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 46,000 employees. Net sales in 2021 amounted to approximately SEK 122bn (EUR 12bn). The company’s headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Essity is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Essity breaks barriers to well-being and contributes to a healthy, sustainable and circular society. More information at www.essity.com
Technical Material Buyer (m/w/d)
Technical Material Buyer - Medical (m/f/d)
For the Business Unit Health and Medical Solutions we are looking to hire a Technical Material Buyer (m/f/d) for our Hamburg (Hausbruch) manufacturing site. The Technical Material Buyer provides direct support to the Sourcing Managers, leads cost out projects across all Hub sites and all spend areas. It is a permanent full-time position.
We're looking for people who embody our values, aren't afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
What You Will Do:
- You execute design to cost opportunities for all Hub streams across all Hub sites, ensuring working capital efficiency
- You comply with Essity’s procedures, purchasing policy and financial instructions
- You support Hub Sourcing managers in the execution of tenders, supplier qualification, supplier selection, risk management
- You work closely with all stakeholders to drive continuous improvement through cost saving projects, organising trials, implementing supplier changes and tracking savings
- You maintain and develop knowledge database, aligning reporting capability across the hub and co-ordination of systems improvements, driving initiatives such as E- procurement
- You review and monitor sourcing operational needs when interfacing with suppliers, ensuring effective communication of best practices and supporting roll out of these initiatives (Hub level)
- You review and maintain records of approved suppliers in line with Essity’s risk policy
- You ensure that the interests of Essity are managed in a professional and ethical manner throughout all interactions with suppliers, ensuring full compliance with Essity Supplier Standard
- You support Essity quality and sustainability goals. Sourcing lead in quality audits (Hub Level)
- You ensure, where appropriate, the integration of common product types across all sites of Essity and ensure a harmonized approach across all hub engineering storerooms
- You supply regular updates and KPI’s to Sourcing managers to ensure effective communication of cost saving activities (Actual v’s target)
Who You Are:
- Either a technical, financial or supply chain Bachelor or Master degree
- A minimum 3 years of experience working within a similar role
- Experience from working with SAP & Ariba
- Experience in handling negotiations
- Fluent in German & English verbal and written, preferably one other language (e.g. French, Italian or Spanish)
- Furthermore, you are driven and you have a convincing and coaching attitude, eager to be a spokesperson for implementing processes and new ways of working.
What We Can Offer You:
- An international environment that knows no borders
- An employer that takes sustainability and its responsibility towards employees and society seriously
- A structured, well-founded and supportive onboarding plan
- A brand new building with a modern working environment and equipment (e.g. height adjustable tables)
- A friendly and open-minded working atmosphere as well as freedom to assert your ideas
- Holiday allowance, bonus payments
- 30 days vacation, flexible office hours, home office
- Commitment to your personal development (e.g. Individual Development Plan, Mentoring)
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive, inviting and harmonious workplace where individuality is appreciated by everyone. For this reason, incoming applications are selected based on professional qualifications and working values regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity,nationality, disability or age.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.